The Livingston County R-III Board of Education recently adopted a new volunteer program:
Goals of the Volunteer Services Program are:
- To help improve the quality, productivity, and effectiveness of education in our schools.
- To enrich the experience of children beyond what is available in the classroom by bringing qualified people from the community to the schools to share their knowledge and skills with students.
- To enable the certified personnel to use their skills and training more effectively by utilizing the services of school volunteers for non teaching activities.
- To broaden the base of community support for schools through a better understanding of the educational process.
- Promote a school-home-community partnership for quality education.
The Livingston County R-III School District offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities working with children as well as jobs for those who prefer not to work directly with students. Volunteers choose the jobs that interest them and decide how many hours and days they wish to contribute.
Those wishing to become a volunteer in the Livingston County R-III School District should complete the online application located here: https://forms.gle/55rFZ6CXMsHG
Background checks and training are required for those wanting to volunteer on a regular basis.